Wyoming Family Alliance is committed to protecting the personal information that you provide and entrust to us when using our websites. This online privacy statement describes how we treat all user data collected by Wyoming Family Alliance during your visit to our sites, both technical data that is automatically collected and voluntarily submitted data.
For purposes of this Privacy Statement, “Wyoming Family Alliance websites” are those whose domain name is www.wyomingfamily.org. Wyoming Family Alliance websites use a secure service to process contributions and to assist users with subscribing or taking action (e.g., contacting their elected officials). These sites are also covered by this Privacy Statement. At times, Wyoming Family Alliance may also operate other websites that don’t contain this domain name. This Privacy Statement does not apply to those websites (unless those websites link directly to this Privacy Statement). Additionally, this is not the privacy statement for internet sites (e.g., blogs, forums or social networking sites) where Wyoming Family Alliance has a presence that are on websites other than the Wyoming Family Alliance websites.
User Data We Collect
We collect 2 types of user data: (1) technical data that is automatically collected from all visitors to the Wyoming Family Alliance websites (“Automatically Collected Data”); and (2) data that you voluntarily submit to us (“Voluntarily Submitted Data”).
Automatically Collected Data
We automatically collect and store Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses and may know some information you have previously provided through cookies. (See the section on “Cookies” below for more information.) We also track the number and frequency of hits per page, as well as length of website visit, using IP addresses and/or session cookies. In addition, if you come to the Wyoming Family Alliance websites from a website link, we may also identify the source of that link.
Voluntarily Submitted Data
We may collect and store Voluntarily Submitted Data, including personal data, that you voluntarily provide, such as your name and postal address, phone number, e-mail address, and similar information, and transactional information, such as giving and action-taking history, when you participate in certain activities on the Wyoming Family Alliance websites, including (but not limited to) when you:
- make a contribution to support Wyoming Family Alliance;
- sign up for our Wyoming Family Alliance email network;
- send correspondence, place a call, or inform us about a call to your government representative, or to other targeted representatives through the Wyoming Family Alliance websites;
- register online for an event;
- participate in 1 of our online petitions or surveys;
- submit feedback to Wyoming Family Alliance; or
- participate in any activity that requires your Voluntarily Submitted Data.
Other Collected Data
We also may collect data concerning your use of the Wyoming Family Alliance websites or interest in Wyoming Family Alliance communications such as by using an embedded image in an email in order to track whether you open our email communications and using a URL contained in an email we send to you that enables us to identify that you have taken an action using a web page.
We may transfer a Long-term Cookie in circumstances in which you are notified prior to the cookie being stored. For example, when you select a “remember” option on the Wyoming Family Alliance websites, a long-term cookie will be stored on your browser on your computer or device solely for the purpose of automatically filling in the information you have asked to be remembered; for example, automatically filling in your password when you log in to the Wyoming Family Alliance websites or your postal address when you write a letter to your representative.
We may use session cookies whenever you visit the Wyoming Family Alliance websites for our website traffic analytics application and the site’s interactive applications, such as in our online advocacy. Session cookies last only as long as your browser session. They expire when you close your browser and are not permanently stored on your computer or device. We also use session cookies in emails containing the HTML-format. If you select “text-only” format preference, emails sent to you will not contain any session cookies.
How We Use The Data We Collect
In addition to the uses described above, we use Automatically Collected Data to identify the source outside the Wyoming Family Alliance websites of user traffic (for example, yahoo.com) so that we can evaluate what content is persuading web users to become involved in the mission of Wyoming Family Alliance. We use Automatically Collected Data, including IP addresses and/or session or short-term cookies, that indicates which sections of the Wyoming Family Alliance websites are most visited so that we can perform website traffic analysis, evaluate the popularity of our different web pages and continue to improve the Wyoming Family Alliance websites.
We use your Voluntarily Submitted Data for various purposes:
- To fulfill the request for which you specifically provided the data, including sharing the data with its intended recipient (e.g., delivering a petition you sign or a letter you wish to send to the recipient of the petition or letter);
- To analyze actions taken through our website so that we can learn which issues prompt you to become involved in our mission;
- To periodically communicate with you concerning Wyoming Family Alliance matters, such as delivering to you information and updates on our activities and action alerts, unless you opt out of receiving such information and updates;
- To confirm your contribution to Wyoming Family Alliance;
- To confirm your registration to a Wyoming Family Alliance event;
- To respond to an inquiry or feedback you have made to Wyoming Family Alliance; and
- To follow up with you with an email specific to an activity you have participated in or intend to participate in.
The Wyoming Family Alliance websites are hosted by servers in the United States. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, the Voluntarily Submitted Data you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By submitting your Voluntarily Submitted Data, you consent to its transfer and storage in the United States and its use in accordance with the purposes for which it was originally collected.
We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13.